Simplecater is a web application for the food delivery industry. It serves as a middleman between restaurants and companies/individuals that wish to order food online. Simplecater’s customers can review different cuisines and order a set of products or dishes by specifying their taste and order preferences.
The client wanted to add new features to the already existing MVP and to launch the online food platform.
1. On SimpleCater’s website, a customer makes a request to sign up by filling in the required fields, such as name, email and phone number.
2. Next, an administrator registers a customer on the Simple Cater platform.
3. After receiving a login and password, a client can log in into his/her own user account and make an official request for food delivery by specifying his/her order preferences – the type of cuisine, type of dish/product, and special taste requirements. For instance, possible allergies and budget limitations (i.e. the maximum sum of money that a customer is willing to spend on this particular food delivery) may fall under the order preference category.
4. Then, the customer’s request is sent to the administrator. The administrator sends a number of available variants matching the specified preferences from different restaurants. These variants provide detailed information, like the name of the restaurant, the address for food delivery, the number of ordered products/dishes and the total price of the order.
5. A client confirms one of the received menu variants and then the payment is processed through the Stripe payment system.
Calculation of statistics on orders and invoices in different time periods
An administrator can count the statistics on issued orders and invoices for the day/month/ year. The margin can also be calculated for the same periods of time.
Report generation in CSV
All necessary data on orders made for any period of time is selected, saved in CSV. This data can later be used for analytics or exported to analytical applications/services.
A system of creating order preferences based on such data:
client order requests and history
restaurant reviews and ratings
1. Preparation work
Doing research on the project
Setting up the environment
Getting deployment configuration ready
2. Abilities for administrators to:
View overall stats on orders, invoices, requests and deliveries
Generate CSV reports on orders and invoices
Create menus or set of products according to customer’s food preferences, date of delivery and cost limitations
3. Abilities for clients to:
Make a request for ‘singing up’
Insert name, address, food preferences, and date of delivery into a contact form
View the suggested menu variants or products sent by the administrator
Make an order after choosing the suitable menu variants
Pay for the order via a credit card through the integrated payment solution: Stripe